RelatedGovt. to Spend $652 Million on Water Supply Projects RelatedGovt. to Spend $652 Million on Water Supply Projects Advertisements Govt. to Spend $652 Million on Water Supply Projects UncategorizedMay 24, 2008 FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Government will be spending some $652 million during the 2008/09 financial year to develop water supply projects in several parishes.Minister of State for Water and Housing, Everald Warmington made this disclosure while addressing a contract signing and ground breaking ceremony for the Fruitful Vale water supply system on April 30, at the Fruitful Vale All-age School in Portland.Mr. Warmington said the projects would be developed by the Rural Water Supply Limited, with four earmarked for St. Catherine, three each for St. Mary and Clarendon, and one each for Trelawny, Hanover, and St. Ann.In addition, he said the company would pursue development of the Rural Water Supply Master Plan at a cost of $50 million to carry out the mandate of the water sector.The State Minister explained that the plan would enable the development of a comprehensive strategy for the supply of safe drinking water within each parish, taking into consideration projected demand, status of existing systems, water resource availability, and the socio-economic profiles of communities.He pointed out that $110 million would be required to upgrade and improve small parish council systems islandwide, adding that projects totaling $35 million would be selected for implementation this year.Mr. Warmington noted that some 14 contracts totalling approximately $89 million, for water supply development, have been signed since this administration assumed office in September of last year. RelatedGovt. to Spend $652 Million on Water Supply Projects
HomeNewsCity CouncilMelkonians talks local impact on climate change Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:45 amCity CouncilMelkonians talks local impact on climate changeGuest Author5 years agoarmen melkonianscity councilcollege boarddaily presselectionincumbentsNov. 8rentrent controlSanta MonicaSanta Monica candidatesSanta Monica City Councilsanta monica daily presssanta monica electionsanta monica housingsmc Meet the Candidates of this years ElectionEveryday this week from Oct. 24 –Oct. 28 the Santa Monica Daily Press will post a video of candidates that came forward to express their ideas regarding Santa Monica. Every candidate has a different question. The video will range from 2-4 minutes. Meet the candidates of this year’s election. Don’t forget voting is Nov.8.Tags :armen melkonianscity councilcollege boarddaily presselectionincumbentsNov. 8rentrent controlSanta MonicaSanta Monica candidatesSanta Monica City Councilsanta monica daily presssanta monica electionsanta monica housingsmcshare on Facebookshare on Twitteradd a commentTerry O’Day talks Bergamot Transit VillageSusan Amnioff talks community meetingsYou Might Also LikeFeaturedNewsCity opens application process to fill McKeown’s vacant council seatClara Harter6 days agoFeaturedNewsDraft Housing Element released to publicBrennon Dixson2 weeks agoFeaturedNewsRent Board announces general adjustment effective SeptemberBrennon Dixson3 weeks agoFeaturedNewsCommissioners talk diversity, or a lack thereofBrennon Dixson3 weeks agoFeaturedNewsSMMUSD breaks down budget revisionsBrennon Dixson3 weeks agoFeaturedNewsCity and Coalition settle legal battleBrennon Dixson3 weeks ago
June 24Harassment was reported in the 1800 block of Nederland Avenue.Burglary of a habitation was reported in the 1800 block of North 31st Street.Telephone harassment was reported in the 3500 block of Nederland Avenue.A dog bite was reported in the 100 block of North Ninth Street.A person was taken into custody on a mental commitment in the 700 block of South 18th Street. June 25Credit card or debit card abuse was reported in the 3200 block of FM 365.Terroristic threat was reported in the 200 block of North 22nd Street.Criminal mischief was reported in the 3500 block of Avenue D.Found property was reported in the 1300 block of North Twin City Highway.Criminal trespass was reported in the 3200 block of FM 365.A person was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 3100 block of Hamilton Court.A person was taken into custody on a mental commitment in the 100 block of Hilldale. Nederland Police responded to the following calls from June 22 to June 28 June 23A death was reported in the 1500 block of North 17th Street.A person failed to identify in the 3500 block of Avenue H.Assault offensive touch-family violence was reported in the 800 block of South 15th Street.An officer assisted another agency in the 10000 block of Memorial Boulevard.A person was arrested on another agency’s warrant in the 2000 block of Avenue F.A person was found to be in possession of a controlled substance and marijuana in the 2000 block of Avenue F. Nederland Police arrested the following individuals from June 22 to June 28Jonathan Vazquez Lugo, 28, public intoxicationVazquez Lugo, 29, warrant other agencyAvonique Taylor, 26, warrant other agencyCynthia Miller, 50, driving while intoxicatedJohn McDonald, 45, assault offensive touch-family violenceDemourn Armstead, 29, warrant other agencyPaul Leblanc, 56, warrant other agency June 26Theft was reported near 18th and Helena.Criminal trespass of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1000 block of Nederland Avenue. Next UpJune 22A person was arrested for public intoxication in the 200 block of Memorial Highway.A person was arrested on another agency’s warrant in the 200 North Memorial.Theft of services was reported in the 800 block of Chicago.Fraudulent use of possession of identifying information was reported in the 1900 block of Avenue K.A death was reported in the 1700 block of North 32d Street. June 27A death was reported in the 700 block of Atlanta.A person was arrested for assault offensive touch-family violence in the 2100 block of Helena.A person was arrested on another agency’s warrant in the 2300 block of Avenue H. June 28Criminal mischief was reported in the 8700 block of Holmes.A person was arrested on another agency’s warrant in the 3200 block of FM 365.
Theodore Bluger Photo: Pittsburgh “Penguins”Josh Johe, an expert in the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL), is convinced that the unit should not say goodbye to striker Theodore Bluger, as he fits into the team.Johe has compiled a list of players that the Penguins are likely to replace or not sign new contracts for and should definitely be retained.Sydney Crosby, Eugene Malkin, Jake Gencell, John Marino, Brian Dumolin, Tristan Jary and Samuel Pulin are in the “untouchable” category.In the next category, Johe has placed players who should be kept in the team and whose departure is unlikely. It included Bluger, his replacement partner Brendon Tanev, as well as Jason Zaker, Brian Rast, Marcus Peterson, Pierre-Olivier Joseph, Nathan Ligeir and Chad Ravedel.“The bluer fits very well with the Penguins,” writes Johe. “He’s working hard and getting better, and Theodore is a cheap player – he’s the perfect center for the fourth shift.”The Bluger substitution with Tanev and Zek Aston-Rice is more stable in the Penguins team, as well as one of the most stable in the NHL. Nevertheless, Johe believes that Aston-Rice could be a potential candidate for change, as he has so far had higher expectations. “I think he will stay in Pittsburgh, but don’t be surprised if Aston-Rice is involved in the change.”Bluger has a contract with the Penguins for another season, but then he becomes a free agent. For him, this was the first full season in the NHL, in which the Latvian scored 22 (9 + 13) points in 69 games, as well as became the leading specialist of the Pittsburgh minority.
Despite his heorics, Valencia went down 2-0, with Griezmann opening the scoring and Kevin Gameiro netting a late second, sending Atletico top of La Liga for the time being. CEST Against Atletico Madrid on Sunday afternoon he saved two penalties in the same game, first denying Antoine Griezmann and then Gabi. Upd. at 13:56 The goalkeeper was not happy with the defeat. “I don’t care about the penalty saves,” he said afterwards. “I always say when penalties saved help the team win I’m happy, but I’m not when we lose.” Sport EN Diego Alves is a penalty king. The goalkeeper has faced 45 spot kicks in all competitions for Almeria and current side Valencia, and saved an incredible 22 of them. Only 21 were scored, with one off target and one hitting the crossbar. 02/10/2016
“What a weekend,” said Trail Allstars coach D.J. Ashman. “This is the first time the Trail All Stars have won this tournament.”Augustin got the Allstars going in the first inning, smashing a two-run homer. Trail stranded a pair in the second before Owen Dixon drove in a run in the third.The Allstars broke open the game in the fifth. Willem Terwoord and Trevor Knight singled to put two on base for Trail. Calvin Morrison cleared the bases with a three-run homer before Nathan Simm singled and scored on a double by Max Leonard.In the final inning Augustin singled, Hayden White took one for team with a hit by pitch and Jeff Hanham hit a single to drive in the final run. Trail opened the tournament with a 3-0 win before playing to a 4-4 tie against Medicine Hat. The Allstars advanced to the final by stopping North Central Allstars 8-1.The Allstars team next travels to Chataqua Days in Chewelah, Wash., and then plays the rest of the season at home in Trail as the Silver City hosts for the 2018 Major Little League Provincial Championships July 21-28. The Trail AllStars boldy went where few other West Kootenay teams have gone before in capturing the 2018 Firecracker this past weekend in Kalispell, MT. Paced by Brady Augustin of the Nelson Baseball Association, who pitched all six innings, the Allstars cruised to an impressive 8-1 victory over the Medicine Hat AAA squad in the Firecracker Final.Augustin struckout 13 while allowing only three hits, two walks and one run.
Members of The All-Ireland winning Galway Senior and Minor Panels along with some members of the All-Ireland winning sides of 1987 and 88 will get together tomorrow evening in Kenny Park in Athenry to play in a fun challenge with all proceeds going to the Tony Keady Fund. County Board Chairman Pat Kearney spoke to John Mulligan about the gameAudio Playerhttps://download-galwaybay.sharp-stream.com/PAT%20KEARNEY.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Throw in tomorrow evening is at 6.30pm. Admission will be €10 with Under 16’s Free and there is also a gofundme page set up by Tony’s 1988 team mates. It can be accessed here.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Former Galway hurler Tony Keady
GCH who are one of Ireland’s largest athletics clubs, will host the 33rd edition of the famous Streets of Galway 8K road-race on Saturday 11th August at 7pm around the city centre and Salthill. This event is the jewel in the crown of road races in the West and is a fixture on the Irish running calendar. The race route starts at Fr Griffin Road in the city and takes in many of the sights of Galway city. including the Spanish Arch, Eyre Square , the landmark Galway Cathedral and NUI Galway early on in the race. The course then routes out towards Salthill, past Pearse Stadium and then back in on the ‘Prom’ along Galway Bay for the last , fast section into the finish at the historic Claddagh. Audio Playerhttps://download-galwaybay.sharp-stream.com/STREETS%20OF%20GALWAY%208K.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. John was joined in studio by Claire Henry of the Galway Clinic and by Brian Bruton and David Glynn of Galway City Harriers To Enter go to https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=53285254®now=awe-regnowprint WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
Offensive Player of the Week: Gus Johnson, Stephen F. AustinJohnson rushed for 116 yards and two touchdowns to help Stephen F. Austin to a 27-17 upset win against No. 8 Southeastern Louisiana. The senior from Gilmer, Texas (Gilmer H.S.), who scored on touchdown runs of seven and 13 yards, has six 100-plus rushing games on the season. Johnson’s 18 rushing touchdowns set the SFA single-season record and his 47 career touchdowns moved him to fifth all-time in Southland history for career touchdowns and fourth in league history in rushing touchdowns. Johnson also had two catches for 25 yards against the Lions, giving him 141 yards of total offense. Honorable Mention: Patrick Martin, Stephen F. Austin; Jonathan Buffin, Houston Baptist; A.J. Davis, Sam Houston State. Honorable Mention: Willie Matthews, Central Arkansas; B.J. Kelly, Houston Baptist; Jared Johnson, Sam Houston State. Defensive Player of the Week: Brent Spikes, McNeese StateSpikes had a career night with three interceptions, one returned for a touchdown, and 148 yards in returns in McNeese State’s 41-21 win over UIW. The junior from Newton, Texas (Newton H.S.), set a school and conference record with the 148 interception return yards. Spikes returned his first interception 62 yards, second for 41 yards and the final one 45 yards for a touchdown. His three interceptions in one game tied a school record. Spikes, who had three total tackles, was part of the Cowboys’ defense that held UIW to 49 rushing yards. FRISCO, Texas – Stephen F. Austin senior running back Gus Johnson was named the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday. McNeese State junior safety Brent Spikes earned defensive player of the week award while SFA junior punter Nick Bruno was named the special teams player of the week. Special Teams Player of the Week: Nick Bruno, Stephen F. AustinBruno played a vital part in Stephen F. Austin’s 27-17 upset win against No. 8 Southeastern Louisiana by helping the Lumberjacks win the field position battle against the Lions. The junior from Rowlett, Texas (Rowlett H.S.), averaged 46.2 yards per punt with a pair of 52-yard kicks. Bruno also pinned one punt at the six-yard line while another just breached the goal line for a touchback. Through four conference games, Bruno is averaging 45.1 yards per kick with three 52-yarders. Honorable Mention: Ramon Coto, Jr. UIW; Jatavious Wilson, Central Arkansas; Jordan Barnett, Southeastern Louisiana; Luc Swimberghe, Sam Houston State. Each school’s sports information director nominates and votes for the players of the week, though is not permitted to vote for his own player. To receive honorable mention, a player must receive votes from 25 percent of the Southland sports information directors.
Share This!Ever since Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened on May 31 at Disneyland, the only way in and out of the land is if you have a reservation to enter. However, all that is about to change, beginning June 24. On June 24, the land will be open to all Guests, however, Disney will be offering Guests “boarding passes” that will need to be obtain at the park to be able gain entry, via a virtual queuing system.Prior to visiting Disneyland, Guests will need to download the Disneyland app. When you arrive, you’ll need to check the app or signage around the park the day of your visit to see if you need to join a boarding group to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. These boarding groups will save you a virtual spot in line so you can enjoy other experiences while you wait to be notified of a time to enter the land. You may use the Disneyland app to request to be part of a boarding group only after entering Disneyland park, if the virtual queuing system is implemented that day.Do keep in mind that you will need to link the theme park tickets of everyone in your party together on the app so you will be able to request the same boarding group for your entire party. You should also make sure that you enable push notifications on your phone, that way you will be notified when it is time to enter the land. If you don’t, you’ll need to continually check the Disneyland app or digital signage in the park. Guests will have up to two hours to enter the land after your boarding group is called for admission.For guests not using the Disneyland app, a boarding group may be obtained with a park admission ticket at select Disney FASTPASS locations such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds.Full details of how a boarding pass can be obtained can be found via this video:Also beginning on June 24, a reservation will be required in order to enter Oga’s Cantina or Savi’s Workshop (to create your lightsaber.) Guests wishing to book a reservation for either of these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7:00 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina to be able to make your reservations on the morning of your visit.Til the Spire!